Thursday, July 17, 2014

Holiday World 2015: 66 Days At Sea - Day 60

On May 19, 2014, Holiday World began releasing information about their 2015 expansion plans. They launched the teaser site 66DaysAtSea.com to give clues over the course of 66 days as to what the big announcement may be.  You can read more about the site here. We'll be highlighting each day's entry as well as providing our analysis of what we think the clues may be hinting at.

Day 60





Analysis

Let's take a look at today's entry:
  • "We have not seen the sun for days, only dark clouds.  The wind whips the sails.  Our Mayflower groans.  We steel ourselves for what lies ahead."
    • The easy clues here are "steel" and "lies" which would certainly lead one to believe a flying coaster is on the way.  I, for one, hope it's not since I don't care much for flying coasters.  It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, I just find them to be a very uncomfortable riding position.
    • I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get a little antsy about the announcement.  Even though the park has said it will be big and expensive, that doesn't mean it will fit into the demographic of the park. Honestly, the installations of the past few years have not really fit the landscape of the park, in my opinion, and I worry they are moving away from the business model that got them where they are today and in a direction that may alienate their core audience.  This is one analysis I hope I'm completely wrong about.
That's it for today.  Check back tomorrow for our analysis of Day 61.

Previous entries:

No comments:

Post a Comment