Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Holiday World 2015: 66 Days At Sea - Day 66

On May 19, 2014, Holiday World began releasing information about their 2015 expansion plans. They launched the teaser site 66DaysAtSea.com to give clues over the course of 66 days as to what the big announcement may be.  You can read more about the site here. We'll be highlighting each day's entry as well as providing our analysis of what we think the clues may be hinting at.

Day 66

Analysis

Well, we made it.  Day 66, or as I'm calling it, the calm before The Storm. It's been a long journey, but I hope you've had as much fun following along as I have. Whatever it is that Holiday World decides to add for the 2015 season, I'm sure it will be something great. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really do appreciate it. I'll be posting recaps of the journey in the days following tomorrow's announcement, so make sure to stop by and see how closely my analysis stacked up against the actual clues, as well as my thoughts on the new attraction.  But seeing as this is the day before the big announcement, I think it's only right that I make my final predictions.  So without further ado, here's what I think Holiday World will be adding in 2015:
  • Ride type:  Steel roller coaster
  • Manufacturer:  B&M
  • Type of coaster:  Wingflyer (wingrider with seats in the flying position)
  • Name:  The Storm
  • Speed:  66 mph
  • Length:  5500 ft.
  • Other elements:  Tunnels, inversions, launch section, splashdown feature, on board audio
It will be a miracle if anything I've said over the past 66 days turns out to be true, but we'll know for sure tomorrow night.

Thank you again for reading and following along.

Previous entries:


4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for a very informative and fun blog. I followed it all the way through, and can't wait to hear the official announcement tonight! 2.5 hours to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome blog, thanks for the time and effort. I enjoyed all the guessing and speculation. I called the name of the ride, though I never posted my guess here. THUNDERBIRD! My 2nd and 3rd car btw. Video looks amazing. Can't believe I'm this hyped over this, BUT, shows that Holiday World is looking to move towards the new technology. I love their park, no doubt. Moving in the right direction IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! And great job predicting the name! Thunderbird looks like a solid ride and I can't wait to try it out.

      Delete